JC
Posted By
Jane Carter
Jul 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would love to be able to use Auto Convert, but when I try it, PSE opens Outlook Express. I use Netscape mail.
I thought we could decide in PSE’s preferences which mail program that PSE would open. I use both IE and Netscape for everything, but not the IE mail part. I usually just attach or drag my pictures into Netscape Mail after I have prepared them by hand, but this Auto
Convert is really, really nice, as it does all this for us. Wish I could set it to use my choice of mail program.
Must be a way,,,,,???
Jane

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Jul 24, 2003
Hi, Jane. You are using os 9, right? Then go to control panels>internet>e-mail and you will see a pulldown menu at the bottom of the window where you can change the default email application.
JC
Jane Carter
Jul 24, 2003
Hi Barbara, This is interesting, as I never did set up anything using that control panel, and I have each browser set up differently. I have both IE and Netscape running simultaneously a lot. I am mostly self-taught, so some of my stuff I set up in rather odd (unique!) ways, but they all work,(knock on wood), until this happened today.

I did try to re-set it to Nescape and got error message "preferred e-mail client set in internet config is not supported".
But thank you for telling me how it should be done. Looked the settings up on my powerbook and they are all for my old defunct ISP.
I will set it up the way it should be, and see what happens. Thank you, Jane

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections