Corruption of my Automate: Batch function???

DS
Posted By
David_Seeley
Dec 11, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had a bizzare incident, while using the Batch processing function, it went heywire with various menu items highlighted in red…and a freeze. That was several weeks ago, and now the Batch function isn’t working properly. I gets lots of little errors that don’t not allow the Batch to run. I’m trying to use Batch actions that I have used for years, only to be stopped for some minor error message. The lates was that the hard disk was unavailable. I had 24 gb of space, and the locations of the files were spelled out cleanly as per usual.

Can I "reset" my Batch prefs to solve this without loosing all my other prefs and pallet prefs?

Thanks for any help!

Dave

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bernie
Dec 11, 2006
Have you tried resetting teh Photoshop preferences?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 11, 2006
I think you will have to lose them all unfortunately.

When you are all set up again, make a copy of your new, clean Prefs and stash it somewhere. Then you can reload that and get most of everything back next time.
DS
David_Seeley
Dec 11, 2006
Is it just the plist I need to replace, or is it the Adobe Photoshop CS2 Prefs.psp, or both that I need to replace?

Thanks

Dave
DS
David_Seeley
Dec 12, 2006
OK….rebuilt the prefs per the Casteneda doc, and it seems to be working properly again. Bummer that you need to lose it all.

Thanks all for the help.

D

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections