CW
Posted By
Carrie_Weigner
Nov 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

[using PS 7.1] I generally don’t use the Auto Color feature but I was creating an action to remove a color cast and risize some digital camera images to be used in a PowerPoint show. So I started recording and went to Image>Adjustments>Auto Color then did my resizing and stopped the action.

The problem, though, is that it didn’t save the command to run Auto Color, it just saved the Levels used to fix that one photo and then applied those same levels to all images. Is there a way to include the Auto Color in an Action? or is that just how it works?

Thanks,
Carrie

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Nov 26, 2003
how many images? can you toggle the dialog action on in the actions palette? you’ll need to hit ok for every image… which is why i asked. this might not be too bad with 20 or 30 images, but would be inadvisable with hundreds, for obvious reasons.
RB
Robert_Barnett
Nov 26, 2003
AutoColor doesn’t have a dialog box. AutoLevels or the Auto Button in levels isn’t the same thing as AutoColor!? If it were the same then having it under two different names would be dumb.

You could try the "Insert Menu Item" command on the action palettes flyout menu. This might let you add the AutoColor command to your action without it setting the amounts used. I don’t know I have never tried it. Just a suggestion.

Robert
CW
Carrie_Weigner
Dec 1, 2003
I only have a dozen or so images at a time, so I don’t mind some manual stuff, but I’ll give that "insert menu item" a try.

thanks.
RB
Robert_Barnett
Dec 1, 2003
Let us know if it works.

Robert
MG
Mike_Gondek
Dec 1, 2003
Autocolor is actually a recordable action, it just looks differetnly once in an action. You will see Auto Levels, but it will say "with Auto black & white" & "With Auto Neutrals".
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Dec 2, 2003
Yes. It´s the same as you can choose when you press Options in Levels.
CW
Carrie_Weigner
Dec 2, 2003
Hmmm… I guess it does work. I was just confused by the name change in the actions pallette and then dissatisfied with the inconsistent quality of the autocolor feature (which I’m not used to using).

So I guess there’s no "problem", other than autocolor being only as good as what I put into it…

thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections