CK
Posted By
Chris Kennedy
Mar 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone tell if it is possible to automate a batch resize an entire folder in Photoshop elements. The source and destination folder will always be the same as will the size. Ideally I would like to make the process in one click. I ‘ve read about recording actions in Photoshop but it seems fiddly. Is there an easy way.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JS
James Silverton
Mar 26, 2005
Chris Kennedy wrote:
Can anyone tell if it is possible to automate a batch resize an entire
folder in Photoshop elements. The source and destination folder will
always be the same as will the size. Ideally I would like to make the
process in one click. I ‘ve read about recording actions in Photoshop
but it seems fiddly. Is there an easy way.

Hasn’t this been discussed fairly recently? There is a Microsoft "Power Toy" that will do what you want. It leaves the originals and does not replace them.

James V. Silverton
Potomac, Maryland, USA
B
BW
Mar 28, 2005
I did this today in Photoshop Elements 3 (you didn’t say which version you have). In the Editor, select the File menu, select Process Multiple Files. You can identify the source & destination folders or put the processed files back into the original folder (bad idea, I think). You can resize, change the resolution, convert the file type and even do some auto level/contrast/color/sharpening.

Unfortunately, I don’t know if the capability exists in Elements 2.

"Chris Kennedy" wrote in message
Can anyone tell if it is possible to automate a batch resize an entire folder in Photoshop elements. The source and destination folder will always be the same as will the size. Ideally I would like to make the process in one click. I ‘ve read about recording actions in Photoshop but it seems fiddly. Is there an easy way.
FB
Fat Bloke
Mar 29, 2005
On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:03:28 -0500, "BW" wrote:

I did this today in Photoshop Elements 3 (you didn’t say which version you have). In the Editor, select the File menu, select Process Multiple Files. You can identify the source & destination folders or put the processed files back into the original folder (bad idea, I think). You can resize, change the resolution, convert the file type and even do some auto level/contrast/color/sharpening.

Unfortunately, I don’t know if the capability exists in Elements 2.
I have v2. I’ve never needed to do this *yet!) but you could try File | Batch Processing
There’s no mention of "auto level/contrast/color/sharpening" though

HTH..

————————————————————

This post did not necessarily reflect my opinions. So there. Pull the pins out to reply direct.
R
RK
Apr 23, 2005
I use this power toy on occasion, and it is easy and very safe to use. However, I find that in some ‘downsizing’ situations, particularly in reducing a very large file, it does not produce the same sharpness in the end result as working with Elements or Ifranview, which has a very fine batch processing utility.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections