Posted By
Dominic_Bregante
Nov 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I am trying to setup a batch file. I am taking gif images with transparent backgrounds and wanting to convert. Need to flatten image, change mode to rgb and save to jpg. For some reason when I use the automate after recording, and I set source folder and destination folder, images sent to the destination are exactly the same as original, gif transparent? Nothing seems to be happening to the images? Any ideas why actions are not being used?

Thanks Dom

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Bernie
Nov 17, 2006
Any ideas why actions are not being used?

Without more information, it’s hard to say.

What are the steps in our action?

Wha are the settings used in the batch action dialog box?
DB
Dominic_Bregante
Nov 17, 2006
Thanks for the reply, sorry about the lack of info.

Steps in Action:
Open
Flatten Image
Cover mode to RGB
Save
Close

Batch Mode:
Set-Default Actions
Action-Background
Source- C:\temp

No boxes checked under source

Destination-Folder
C;:\temp\gifs
Override Action- not checked

documentname = extension

Thanks Dom
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 17, 2006
You cannot flatten an indexed mode image. You have to convert it to an RGB image first. That’s wny they didn’t change.

YOu don’t need an open step. And if you’re using CS2, you are missing real easy peasy lemon squeezy functionality with Image Processor which saves you all of those steps.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections