Whoopsy – change in functionality or BUG?

J
Posted By
JasonSmith
Feb 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just stumbled across this behavior with CS.

Lets say I have two layers. One layer has a vector shape layer, the other is raster image data – say just a white fill.

Link the two layers. With the white fill layer, Cmd-T to transform will transform both layers.

NOW, with the vector shape layer selected, Cmd-T will only transform the shape layer. Even though it’s liked with the other layer, it ONLY transform the shape layer.

In Photoshop 7, transforming a linked shape layer transform everything that it’s linked to. In Photoshop CS, transforming a linked shape layer transforms only that shape layer.

Tested on a G4 DP 1.25ghz, OS 10.2.6 and G5 single processor, OS 10.2.8

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
JasonSmith
Feb 13, 2004
Anybody care to give it a shot?

Or is this another known issue that wasnt known by me until today?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 13, 2004
With the two layers linked:
If I transform with the Vector layer selected, only that layer transforms; But if I select the Raster filled layer, both Layers are transformed simultaneously.
J
JasonSmith
Feb 13, 2004
Ann – exactly. Thanks for trying it.

Now the question is – is this behavior intentional?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 13, 2004
The strange thing is that if you do a "Transform Again", BOTH Layers transform — and it doesn’t matter which one is Selected.
J
JasonSmith
Feb 13, 2004
So should I submit a bug report…or are the ‘powers-that-be’ listening in on this thread?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 13, 2004
Probably worth logging it in any case.
J
JasonSmith
Feb 13, 2004
I dont get it…Used to be around here someone cries ‘BUG’ and the place is swarming with people telling the poster to trash prefs, zap PRAM, boot of CD, ect…Then it would take about 15 posts for someone else to actually try it and then find out that an issue actually exists.

Looks like it’s just you and me now Ann – on a Friday none the less – the day that used to be a hotbed of activity.

Times are-a changin.
R
Ram
Feb 13, 2004
a Friday none the less – the day that used to be a hotbed of activity

Lots of folks are taking a long weekend between yesterday’s holiday (for state workers, at least) and Monday’s.
J
JasonSmith
Feb 13, 2004
I know what it is – the Lounge has sucked all the fun out of the normal forums.

Although I bet Neil’s job is a lot easier now.
TL
Tim_Lookingbill
Feb 13, 2004
It’s Friday the 13th. Forums cleared due to bad karma.
DK
Doug_Katz
Feb 13, 2004
I’m here, I can replicate it, and I’m bugged by it.
B
Buko
Feb 13, 2004
Jason, Zap your PRAM trash your prefs rebuild your desktop.

their feel better now?
GB
g_ballard
Feb 13, 2004
Jas:

Trash prefs, zap PRAM, boot of CD, ect…if that fails: >InitializeStartFromScratch
J
JasonSmith
Feb 13, 2004
Ahh, that’s much better.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections