PS CS Changes Window Size…Bug or annoyance?

VS
Posted By
Vernon_Stevens
Jan 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I like to "multi-task". I frequently play an online game that is turn-based (Heroes of Might and Magic 3). When it’s not my turn, I sometimes alt-tab out of the game to Tinker with PS. The problem is, the game is set at one resolution (640×480 or 800×600, not sure) and my desktop is set to 1280X1024. When I alt-tab out to PS (after it’s already running) it cannot remember to keep it’s window at 1280×1024 (or full screen). Instead the PS window resizes to the game resolution, but the tool bars and such remain where they would normally be if window stayed at the desktop resolution. Has anyone else noticed this?

VES

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Jan 20, 2004
you’re not supposed to do that. you’re supposed to exit ps completely when changing screen resolutions, even from the desktop. It’s definately documented somewhere, (I forget exactly where though, manual, help or readme file.) You risk crashes or lost data like that. One option is to set your desktop res to the actual game res (800×600 – but note this mode isn’t supported in CS) before launching the game.
VS
Vernon_Stevens
Jan 20, 2004
I’ll check my manual. Thanks for the response. Not the one I was hoping for, but hey, that’s life. 🙂

I’ve never lost any data at this point, just the annoying window resize. Oh well, I’ll live with it then.

Thanks,

VES

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections