M
Posted By
mantralightroom
Jun 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi found a bug if i open a document , and use the f key to change to fullscreen , and i click the f key many times , the palettes start to change dimensions

like for example the history palete that i have on the up of the screen

more i click f key and more the history palette enlarge and the layer palete become every time more small

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
mantralightroom
Jun 29, 2007
does somebody notice it?
S
stevent
Jun 29, 2007
Sounds like a problem with your video card & Photoshop.

Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration and seeing if this behaviour stops?

ps: sounds likely judging by your other post.
M
mantralightroom
Jul 1, 2007
tried on other pc , same problem
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 1, 2007
Mantra. I have tried to reproduce the problem here on two very differently spec’d systems and I can’t.

So it’s highly unlikely to be a bug, more like some hardware or software conflict that is common to you two PCs.

Did you try disabling Hardware Acceleration as Steven suggested?

Perhaps you’d like to post your system specs here?
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 1, 2007
Are you using some fancy skinning program like Windows Blinds?

There is obviously something non-standard about your set-up.
M
mantralightroom
Jul 1, 2007
hi thanks for the answer have p4 3.6 2g ram , 2 seagate sata2 320 , ati x700 graphic card , asus mobo

don’t use windows blinds , but visual style

""did you try disabling Hardware Acceleration as Steven suggested?" where do u find it?
M
mantralightroom
Jul 1, 2007
""did you try disabling Hardware Acceleration as Steven suggested?" where do u find it?
M
mantralightroom
Jul 1, 2007
tried on another pc , and the same behavior
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 1, 2007
where do u find it?

Start>Control_Panel>Display>Settings>Advanced>Troubleshoot
M
mantralightroom
Jul 1, 2007
found it nothing it doesn’t solve the problem

in photoshop cs3 you can link the palette (for example the history palette to the photoshop window(up- right position) or put in one place of the screen

well if u have linked to the left right position , open a photo , and continue to press the f key , for many times , the history palette start to found it nothing it doesn’t solve the problem lengthen, elongate, stretch out, stretch, extend, reach

what a pity i haven’t screenshots
M
mantralightroom
Jul 1, 2007
by the way it gives problems only if i have the history palette on the top right of the screen linked to the bar, and colors palette linked down to the history p., and layers palette down the colors palette
M
mantralightroom
Jul 9, 2007
thanks 😀
MC
Michael_Carson
Jul 31, 2007
This is also very frustrating for me because I change screen modes (press the f key) often and like to have my palettes sized specifically to my needs. Has anyone found a way to prevent this resizing?
DB
dorje_b
Aug 17, 2007
I’m having this problem as well! My palettes are resizing with each press of the "f" key. Very frustrating! Any updates?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections