Change in Functionality When Pasting into Layers with Styles?

MS
Posted By
Mike_Sargent
Dec 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a series of templates each with a number of layers, all with a set of layer styles attached to them. Prior to upgrading to CS4 and using CS2, I could copy a design from Illustrator and paste it as a smart object into one of the pre-existing layers within Photoshop, that particular layer’s style would then be applied.

Now when repeating the above in CS4, the pasted artwork is dropped into a new layer with no styles. The only way I can get this to work is to paste a a Shape Layer, but this then forces me to outline any strokes within Illustrator or stroked area will become filled within Photoshop.

If I paste as pixels I still get a new layer, but if open a new document within Photoshop and paste the Illustrator artwork as a smart object and then copy this and then paste this into my template document layer it works as previously on CS2.

Unfortunately either way of achieving this forces me add additional elements to my workflow, so is there something different about CS4 or is there something I have overlooked (hopefully)?

Specs are Design Premium CS4
Windows Vista Home
Intel dual core E6750
4GB ram
2 Internal Hard Disks (250/500 GB – 161/411 GB Free)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections