AF
Posted By
Aaron Freeman
Jan 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to Photoshop from Fireworks-land, and with the latter program, you could easily select specific items from various layers and move them as a group. I know you can move layers in PS as a group, but can you scoot different items on different layers in PS like FW?

Thanks in advance.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

HL
Harry Limey
Jan 25, 2006
"Aaron Freeman" wrote in message
I’m new to Photoshop from Fireworks-land, and with the latter program, you could easily select specific items from various layers and move them as a group. I know you can move layers in PS as a group, but can you scoot different items on different layers in PS like FW?

Thanks in advance.

With Photoshop, you will find each object has its own layer!
AF
Aaron Freeman
Jan 25, 2006
But to select, say three different items, I’d have to select their individual layers in the layers palette? I wouldn’t be able to select them on the canvas, right?

Harry Limey wrote:
With Photoshop, you will find each object has its own layer!
T
Tacit
Jan 25, 2006
In article ,
Aaron Freeman wrote:

Yes, you can.

Open your Layers palette. Click on the first layer, then link it to the other layers by clicking in the Layers palette next to the thumbnail. This will "chain" the layers together, and they will move together when you use the Move tool.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com
K
KatWoman
Jan 26, 2006
"tacit" wrote in message
In article ,
Aaron Freeman wrote:

Yes, you can.

Open your Layers palette. Click on the first layer, then link it to the other layers by clicking in the Layers palette next to the thumbnail. This will "chain" the layers together, and they will move together when you use the Move tool.
I think he means like Flash where you can move objects on the same layer NO PS does not work that way

I hate Flash, when you select stuff it cuts it up and moves just a portion of the object
B
Brian
Jan 29, 2006
KatWoman wrote:
"tacit" wrote in message

In article ,
Aaron Freeman wrote:

Yes, you can.

I think he means like Flash where you can move objects on the same layer NO PS does not work that way

I hate Flash, when you select stuff it cuts it up and moves just a portion of the object
Not if you group the objects’ outlines to their fills.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections