Posted By
scb
May 17, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Gang,

I have a group of actions that I downloaded from somewhere which are called "Borders." Within this group are specific actions, all with similar names like Frame 1 Landscape, Frame 1 Portrait, Frame 2 Landscape, Frame 2 Portrait, etc. Of all the specific actions there are only a couple which I use, but they are used rarely, which means I forget which ones I prefer between using them. Is there a way to remove or separate the preferred actions from the group, or rename them to something like "My Favorite Action?" Thanks for any suggestions.

Shel

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DR
Danny Raphael
May 18, 2005
Option 1: Drag and drop the ones you don’t like/never use onto the Trash icon at the bottom of the Actions Palette = gone forever.

Option 2: Drag and drop the ones you like best to the top of the Action Set (folder) or the ones you like least to the bottom of the Action Set. Order them whatever way you like using drag/drop.

FYI: You can drag/drop actions from one Action Set to another if you like.

Option 3: Yes you can rename an action (double-click on its name and type a replacement name).

Caution: Some actions "play" other actions. This is not uncommon in frame/border action sets.

For example action "Apple" might play action "Baker". If you rename action "Baker" to "Charlie" (or delete "Baker"," "Apple" will fail because "Baker" is nowhere to be found.

Does this help?
Y
YrbkMgr
May 18, 2005
Or, #4, create a new set called My Favorite Borders, and use Duplicate from the Action Palette menu to make a copy of your favorite actions; then drag them into your new set.
TM
Trevor_Morris
May 18, 2005
Tip: You can Alt-drag actions (or steps thereof) to duplicate them.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections