BK
Posted By
Brian_Kitching
Oct 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi my grandson wants to take a face off a photo and add another! I have never done this before,can somebody tell me how to do this an easy way for a child of 11yrs

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Oct 20, 2003
Brian,
Open file (picture)and select face/head to be removed with marquee tool. You should see "marching ants" around the selection. Delete this selection.
Open second file (picture) and select donor face/head. Go to edit>copy. Open first file and paste the donor face/head (edit>paste) in to the space that is there. This should be on its own layer – look at your layers palette. You can move the content of this layer, resize it, change hue/saturation, etc. to make it blend in.
You will probably have to use the clone tool to fill in voids, the eraser tool to touch up a spot here or there.
Ken
MR
Mark_Reibman
Oct 20, 2003
You don’t neccessarily need to remove the face from one photo that is going to be the main photo with the new face. If the head on the main photo has a lot of hair it could be a more difficult operation.

The quick and dirty..easy way.

Both images should be open at the same size percentage when you transplant the head from one to the other. Bottom left corner of image will show this.

Zoom in on your images while you are doing this work. And return to orginal, uniform image percentage when you are making the transplant.

Bring both images onto your desktop in Photoshop Elements. Use the selection brush. Hit the ‘A’ key.

Select the head with this brush. Get the right size brush for making the selection. I would make it gradually smaller as I refine my selection.

Hit Edit>Copy when you are satisfied with the selection. Go to your main image and Edit>Paste. The new head will be on a layer above the main image.

Select the Move tool. Hit M on your keyboard.

With your mouse clicked you can drag the head in place and then pull on the handles to resize it. You can also use the eraser tool to refine your selection more. Mainly getting the neck area to look clean.

You may also need to use the clone tool around the head on the original layer is a little larger, but the idea is to make the new head large enough to cover the original.

Hey, I hope I’m not contributing to a mischeivous endeavor.

Have fun.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections