How to Reveal the previous frame allowing you to add to it while Painting a Frame by Frame Animation

MS
Posted By
Mike_Surf
Aug 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There must be an easier way than adjusting opacity for each frame as you continue to paint in an animation…

Help. ?
Mike Surf

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 18, 2008
Switch to Flash. Use onionskin to see your progress.
PM
Paul M Norman
Aug 19, 2008
I wish Photoshop would adopt Painter’s onion skinning.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 19, 2008
Onion skinning is important. This is the first I have heard that it is available in Photoshop.

How do I upgrade my regular old Photoshop to Photoshop Extended? Do I need to get a whole CS3 Extended Suite? Are there regular Photoshop features that are not included when you get the Extended version?
R
Ram
Aug 19, 2008
Are there regular Photoshop features that are not included when you get the Extended version?

No

How do I upgrade my regular old Photoshop to Photoshop Extended?

You need to obtain a new serial number, the application is the same. The Extended serial number just unlocks the added features.

How much it’s going to cost you depends on whether you have just Photoshop CS3 ($349 to upgrade to Photoshop Extended) or whether you have to upgrade a full suite (a whole lot more shekels).
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 20, 2008
Thanks Ramón. I’ll be doing some considering on this since the upgrade will have to be based on how I can convert it’s earning potential into more shekels.
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Aug 20, 2008
You may want to test a trial first (and also look to the relatively soon-to-be-released CS4). While PS CS3 Extended offers new tricks for the motion artist, those with existing workflows/tools may find the features needing some maturity.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 20, 2008
It’s a mish-mash world for anyone in graphics in that it pays to have just about everything you can get your hands on – then weed them out.
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 20, 2008
Ken,

it pays to have just about everything you can get your hands on – then weed them out.

Well…not always! We refuse to cave in to vendors who insist on "Corel files" or "Publisher files" for output. May as well ask us for "KidPix files" while they’re at it.

Neil
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 20, 2008
Correct Neil. We’ve got to draw the line somewhere (pun intended.)

: )
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 20, 2008
….and of course, we’ve had it already with Far East vendors who ask for files in Illustrator 7 or 8 (if we can’t get them Corel Draw files). <g>

Neil
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 20, 2008
We don’t want to mess up their proprietary systems (windows 3.1)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections