Ideas anyone? Want to show an item as if moving…

D
Posted By
debheiss
Oct 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to show an item as if it is being sucked off into the distance. I’d like a way to show the item and then some kind of faded image as if the item is moving very fast. This is in a still pic, not animation. I have an actual picture and want to create the illusion of movement. Hope you know what I mean. Any ideas?

Deb

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Oct 21, 2005
add a motion blur, then distort transform the image, leave one size large and distort the othe side smaller, using vanishing points.
D
debheiss
Oct 21, 2005
I used this and got the effect like it was being sucked into a vaccuum cleaner, which was rather cool, but not what I’m looking for. I want the look of the object once being large, now small and off in the distance with a blurred line indicating movement.

Did I perhaps misunderstand your distort instructions?

Thanks,

Deb
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Oct 21, 2005
Did I perhaps misunderstand your distort instructions?

nope sounds like you got exaclty what i was rying to explain, what i thought you wanted.

Ok create multiple layers, offset one layer on top of another, add a little motion blurr to each, now decrease the opacity incrrimentaly for eaach layer, leaving the leading layer at 100% decreasing each layer before that with more opacity and more directional blurr?

is that what you are looking for.
D
debheiss
Oct 21, 2005
OK, that is what I was thinking I need to do. If ultimately I want the far off image to be in focus, I’m wondering if I need to change both the opacity AND the blurring with each image? Closest and largest images being very opaque and very blurry? I think we’re on the right track here…..

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections