stop ardboard moving in fullscreen mode?

NH
Posted By
Nick_Holliday
Oct 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi – could somebody tell me how or if its possible to stop the artboard scrolling when I enter fullscreen modes in Photoshop?

I’ve done it before I could swear but I cant manage it anymore 🙁

You help would be veeeery much appreciated

thanks in advance

Nick

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 2, 2006
Damn nusance, ain’t it!

If you work "maximized" instead’ (the little square next to the "X" top right), this bizarre hyper scrolling doesn’t occur.

Somewhere along the line, one of the Adobe engineers admitted it was an old peice of code which has not been updated over the years in line with the faster processors.

So maybe, just maybe, they’ll fix it in CS3.

If you’re listening, Mr Cox… 😉
C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 2, 2006
Meanwhile, Nick. You do know, don’t you, that whichever tool is selected at the time, holding the space bar will change the cursor temporarily into the "hand tool".

This will allow you to bring the image back into line even when you are in the middle of "transform" or whatever.
NH
Nick_Holliday
Oct 2, 2006
thanks for that – you’ve saved my sanity 🙂
NH
Nick_Holliday
Oct 2, 2006
yeah – thats a great time saver
P
PECourtejoie
Oct 3, 2006
Huh? fullscreen scrolling is a new feature from CS or CS2, and it is very useful!
C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 3, 2006
Pierre. The OP was referring to the erratic way the image scrolls rapidly off screen when you go too close to the edge with (say) the tranform tool.

At least – that was my assumption.
P
PECourtejoie
Oct 3, 2006
Ah, ok, I see. Thanks for the explanation.
NH
Nick_Holliday
Oct 3, 2006
well… the reason I need the board to stay still is that I have a set of PSD templates that I wanted to flick between to make sure everything aligned – when in fullscreen mode and the window moves around – I cant compare each file at the same position.
C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 3, 2006
Have you thought about importing them all into one file as layers or layer groups? Much easier to keep things aligned that way.
NH
Nick_Holliday
Oct 3, 2006
well – it would be one hellalva layered file then put I guess its one way. I tend to prefer to split pages into seperate files – but each to his own 🙂
C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 3, 2006
hellalva-layered-files-R-us
NH
Nick_Holliday
Oct 3, 2006
🙂

I have trouble just managing 1 pages layers 🙂 – But then I do have quite a small monitor which doesnt help 🙁
C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 3, 2006
Seriously, have you tried using Layer Comps – or even just folders?
NH
Nick_Holliday
Oct 3, 2006
yep – I use lots of folder with other folder within them and half the time I find it hard 2 find the layer I want within one file. I suppose its a personal taste thing

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections