TG
Posted By
Tad_Gage
Jun 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running version 6 under Windows 98 Second Ed. My new PC will have Windows XP Pro. I want to move up to CS on the new machine. Will the upgrade version of CS install on the new PC without an old version of Photoshop? IF not, how can I get CS installed on the new machine — please don’t tell me I have to buy the full version.

Tad

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 8, 2004
the install will ask you to temporarily insert the 6 disk so it can verify eligibility.
L
Lucky
Jun 9, 2004
Hi,
in addition to Tad’s question I also want to upgrade to CS. I have 6 running on my system.
Do I have to remove (or better said, can I remove) PS6 before upgrading and after that, during upgrade, insert the 6 disk?
Or can I leave 6 on my pc and will it be overwritten by CS? Or will CS be installed along 6 (and do I get stucked with 2 versions on my pc)?

I would prefer a clean setup, because, in the past, I’ve had my share of trouble with upgrades (not with PS, but there is a first time for everything 😉 )

Can anybody advise me, please?

Thanks.

Regards,
Matthew.
L
LenHewitt
Jun 9, 2004
Mathew,

1) You CAN uninstall 6 first if you really want to.

2) CS will NOT over-write v.6, and attempting to install CS to the same folder as 6 will leave both versions broken.

3) You are ADVISED to leave 6 on your machine until you are happy and confident with the new version and THEN uninstall your previous version
L
Lucky
Jun 9, 2004
Thank you very much for the advise, Len

Matthew.
L
LenHewitt
Jun 9, 2004
You’re welcomee, Mathew
TG
Tad_Gage
Jun 12, 2004
Thanks Dave
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 12, 2004
welcome tad! happy photoshopping! 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections