New PC Installation – Any Advice or Warnings?

A
Posted By
Alanah
Jun 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I’m installing Elements (PC) for the first time and wanted to check in case anyone had any advice along the lines of "If I knew then what I know now…"!

Looking at the topics on this board, there seems to be alot of potentially confusing problems created at the early stages of installation. If anyone has any suggested "DOs and DONTs" before I get into trouble, I’d appreciate it!

I’m not installing it for another couple days. Thanks in advance for any help or guidance you can provide.

See ya!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth Haney
Jun 30, 2003
Even though a lot of people seem to be able to run Elements (or other Adobe products) while using Norton or other anti-virus software, there are a number who experience a lot of trouble. I’d strongly suggest that, to be on the safe side, you disable or remove ANY anti-virus software during the installation process, as well as disabling any other Norton products.
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jun 30, 2003
Besides the problems with Norton products, a number of folks have had difficulty when loading on top of the trial version; if you’ve never had the trial, chances are good that you’ll have a clean install and be up and running in no time!
P
Phosphor
Jun 30, 2003
I second that! You should always disable the antivirus during the installation process. You can always scan afterwards.

I also run the check disk utility first to make sure there are no errors in the file system.

Also, if you’re using Windows NT, 2000, or XP, install from an account with administrative rights.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections