GP
Posted By
Gary_Politzer
Aug 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just built a new Leopard 10.5.4 system on my new 2008 Mac Pro 8 core, got my CS3 apps installed & activated. Opened up my first file in Photoshop, fooled around a bit & closed it. Everything fine, but the file needed a font that was not installed. So I opened FontAgent Pro & installed the CS3 plugin, reopened Photoshop to see if it would load my font automatically. FAP tried to load the font, but was cut off by the Program Error dialog. Tried a couple more times to open this file, no dice. This is a brand new Mac, virgin Leopard install, 10 GB RAM, no reason I can see for this error. Your suggestions would be most welcome.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WG
Welles_Goodrich
Aug 1, 2008
Gary,

Just out of curiosity I looked at my Photoshop CS3 Plugin folder and found two FontAgent plugins: FontAgent Pro.plugin and FontAgent Pro Helper.plugin. As my auto activation works without issue I wondered if you had both plugins installed?
GP
Gary_Politzer
Aug 1, 2008
Update – it looks like Photoshop/FAP have settled down & decided to start working right. I opened a few more files containing the font in question -no problem.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections