F
Posted By
forestfrizzell
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi sorry if this has been addressed, I couldn’t find anything on this subject in the previous posts…

I am having a problem launching photoshop, the first pop-up comes up and starts loading the program, then the whole thing just cuts out… The interesting thing is under administrator it loads just fine. I have tried everything from completly un-installing and re-installing, to giving the user administrator rights to launch the program, nothing has worked.

The workstation is win 2k, with plenty of RAM on a P4…

Thanks in advance for any help..

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 20, 2004
Trash your prefs. Details in the FAQs.

Bob
F
forestfrizzell
Feb 20, 2004
Bob, you are the man!!!!!!

Thank you,

What was that? Just a corupted user file? Any preventative measures I can take in the future?
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 20, 2004
Sometimes the prefs files just get corrupted. Not really a lot you can do to prevent it.

The only thing that comes to mind is to not shut the computer down with PS still open.

Bob
R
RickRoy
Feb 21, 2004
It must be going around … same thing happened to me! After years of using this software (back to Photoshop 3.0) So thank you both. I’m off to the FAQs

Rick Roy
R
RickRoy
Feb 21, 2004
Yes indeed gentlemen, this worked. The perf file is buried but the FAQs stepped me through it and within 8 minutes of the above post, PhotoShop 7 was humming. Thanks again

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections