DE
Posted By
dennis_edson
Feb 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had the "maximize compatibility" set to never. As a result a composite was not saved with the psd file (which was expected) and Qimage could not open it.

To resolve the issue, I turned on the "maximize compatibility" and re saved the file. To my surprise, the file still did not have a composite image in the file. I had to duplicate the image and then perform a "save as" to the duplicate (with a new title) to get the composite image saved in the psd.

Have I done something wrong here, or there a bug in CS. It seems that once a file has been saved, without the composite, it cannot be added later.

Dennis

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PF
Peter_Figen
Feb 4, 2004
I’m going to guess that you have to do a Save As of the file and then check the Maximize Compatability box that pops up.
H
Ho
Feb 4, 2004
I have wondered whether that little check box for Max Compatibility actually works or not. Sometimes it seems it is not possible to turn it off, so I suppose it makes sense that it would be just as hard to turn it on.

Maybe you need to know the secret handshake…
DE
dennis_edson
Feb 4, 2004
Thanks Peter,

Opening the original file, doing a "save as" back to the original file, does indeed save a composite image. I made a duplicate the first time so I would not disturb the original file. It seems strange that one should have to do a "save as" though. If "maximum compatibility" is turned on, then I would expect any saved (or re saved file) to have the composite image placed in the file.

Dennis
DE
dennis_edson
Feb 4, 2004
I forgot to mention. When the "save as" dialog box came up, there was NO check box for maximum compatibility. Perhaps it was because it was checked in "preferences".

Dennis

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections