How do I curve an image that already exists.

LW
Posted By
Lisa_Washington
Jan 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to curve a golf club into a circle. Is that possible in Photoshop?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
YrbkMgr
Jan 28, 2004
The first thing that comes to mind is Transform it. You’ll have to select the golf club, then use Edit|Transform and play with the options. I’m not sure that’s what you’re looking for but hopefully it helps some.

Peace,
Tony
JS
John_Slate
Jan 28, 2004
1- First put your club perfectly straight on the horizontal, in a file which has just a little bit of background on all 4 sides. Put the shaft of the club toward the bottom of this wide/thin file, with the club face pointing up (rotate 180 degrees if you have to).

2- Choose Image>Image Size, uncheck constrain proportions, change the height ONLY of the file to be 400%, changing the interpolation method to nearest neighbor > OK

3- Choose Image>Canvas Size, select the bottom as the anchor point, and change the height of the file to equal the width> OK

You should now see a very distorted club at the bottom of a square file.

4- Choose Filter>Distort>Polar Coordinates, and check "Rectangular to Polar"> OK

The closer the ends of the club are to the sides of the file on the left or right, before running Polar Coordinates, the closer together those ends will be after running the filter. And the closer the club shaft is to the bottom, before the filter, the larger circle it will create after the filter.
L
larry
Jan 28, 2004
You can also play with the Liquify Tool under Filters and work the club around in a circle.

Larry Berman
W
wes
Jan 28, 2004
One more possibility is to place the club vertically and try the distort>shear filter.

"LarryBerman" wrote in message
You can also play with the Liquify Tool under Filters and work the
club around in a circle.
Larry Berman
LW
Lisa_Washington
Feb 3, 2004
I did as John Slate told me and it worked. Thanks for the help everyone. This is a great forum. I am sure that I will be back soon.

Lisa Washington.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections