L
Posted By
LouiseV
Dec 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Weather I have Adobe Photo Delux Business Edition, Photoshop 6 or Photoshop 7, my brushes will not fill. If I use a 300 brush only the very center will produce color (Maybe the size of a 9) If I use a 9 I can’t see any color. I have uninstalled etc. It is only broken 90% of the time. Every once in a while I get the pleasure of working with the full brush. Now that I have learned more features on Photoshop I see I can’t use the dodge tool either. (Even my computer guru can’t help me!)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin_Walls
Dec 26, 2003
I observed this "problem", but I think it’s a feature.

Open the Brushes palette. Is "Shape dynamics" checked? If so, uncheck it. I found that this fixed the problem, but it will reset itself when you change brush size.

I’d quite like this to be explained, as, using a mouse, this parameter is meaningless.
L
LouiseV
Dec 26, 2003
To Colin Walls
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. I have had this problem for so long. I just finished a wonderful class on Adobe Photoshop and was really being hindered by this problem.
This was a wonderful Christmas Present.

Thanks again,
Louise
CW
Colin_Walls
Dec 26, 2003
You’re very welcome Louise. I hoped that someone would stop by here and explain why this option gets checked.
PC
Patty_Clarke
Dec 27, 2003
"This was a wonderful Christmas Present."

I don’t know anything about this situation, but I was happy that Louise was so grateful and thought it to be a wonderful present.

From the learning standpoint—would resetting preferences have fixed this situation with the brush dynamics?

Patty
CW
Colin_Walls
Dec 27, 2003
Patty:

I too thought that Louise was very polite to report back and express gratitude – if only every visitor to this forum followed her example!

When I have a chance, I’ll try resetting prefs on my other machine. I guess I should have tried that before …
L
LouiseV
Dec 27, 2003
Hi Patty and Colin,
Thanks for the compliment, I think very often people don’t realize there is another person at the end of a post. I’m just being human.
In regard to changing the preference if you do think that would work I’ll give it a try, but right now I am thrilled to be able to use my brushes. I probably wouldn’t change the preferences unless I had very specific instructions. I don’t want to ruin a good thing.
My son just treated me to a very expensive class in Adobe Photoshop, the teacher was excellent, but even she never heard of this problem.
So, one more time. Thanks
Louise
CW
Colin_Walls
Dec 27, 2003
Louise

That’s good. Wish I had a son like that. 🙂

Just FYI, resetting prefs is something that is occasionally necessary to correct PS’s odd behaviour. All kinds of wierd things seem to happen for which this is the magic cure. If you want to give it a try, take a look at the FAQs and you’ll find instructions.

Some further [free] advice. Spend a while on this forum and read some of the stuff. You’ll never spend 10 minutes here and not learn something new from one of the smart guys here. Before long, you’ll be chipping in and providing answeres and be pleased that someone is polite …
L
LouiseV
Dec 30, 2003
Colin Walls
Thanks for the advice. I plan to do that in January. I have some big occasions coming up (40th Wedding Anniversary) so I will have plenty of pictures to play with.

Louise

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections