KS
Posted By
k_s_g
Dec 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m thinking of purchasing Photoshop 7.0 Upgrade. Will this product upgrade Photoshop 5.5, or just version 6.0?

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 20, 2003
cs is the latest version (version 8), but yes, they’ll both go from any version. and if you buy ps 7 by dec 29th (if you can find it) and call adobe with proof of purchase before jan 12th you get a free upgrade (shipping cost only) to cs… for for a couple more days, you can get both for the price of one!
P
Phosphor
Dec 20, 2003
At this point in time you’ll probably have to buy the upgrade to the latest version, Photoshop 8 (also called CS), unless you can find a retailer (scour online vendors) that is still selling 7.0.1. Make sure you check the system requirements for Photoshop 8 to make sure your machine can run it.

Owners of Photoshop may upgrade to the latest version of Photoshop from any version, all the way back to version 1. If it’s 3.x or earlier, you’re required to contact Adobe Customer Service, because there are some special procedures one must follow.

Adobe Contact Info:
<http://www.adobe.com/support/service.html>
P
Phosphor
Dec 20, 2003
Dave’s a sneaky snake, jumpin’ in that quick!

And with better info, to boot!

😉
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 20, 2003
%D
P
Phosphor
Dec 20, 2003
Sneaky snake, sneaky snake, sneaky snake!

(If you haven’t seen Mike McDonald’s office-weasel character on MadTV, make it a point to watch for him…he’s a h00t!)
KS
k_s_g
Dec 20, 2003
OK….

What I’m looking at is buying ver 5.5 and 7.0 upgrade on eBay. Does this CS upgrade count if it’s the 7.0 *upgrade*, and that I bought it on eBay?

Thanks for your help!!
DM
Don_McCahill
Dec 20, 2003
ksg

The upgrade will work if you have a valid copy of the program. If you get an original 5.5 disk, and the 7.0 upgrade, you should be okay, unless someone has used the 5.5 to make an upgrade already.

You will NOT get the free upgrade to CS by purchasing a used copy of 7.0 before the end of the year. This applies only to purchases from a authorized dealer.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 20, 2003
also be extremely careful of buying off of ebay! you won’t be able to upgrade in the future if you wind up with either a pirated copy or somthing someone has already registered (without also getting a completed license transfer form). beware of sellers who say things like OEM copy, or hard copy manuals not included. and like don said above, the free upgrade to cs only applies to autorized dealers.
KS
k_s_g
Dec 21, 2003
well, it sounds like this isn’t going to work, I was trying to get a legal used copy off ebay cause I already bought a pirated copy unknowingly. GRR!

So I guess this CS thing isn’t going to work, even if I transfer the liscense form. (it’ll be too late)

ksg
KS
k_s_g
Dec 21, 2003
oh yes and I am being careful not to buy pirated ones on ebay, I’ve seen several suspicious copies already. (seller has 0 feedback, has lots of the same auction starting @ $1, no picture, "no returns, as-is".
M
MCGARR
Dec 26, 2003
If you are going to upgrade you may as well get CS. CS will only run on Win XP. If you don’t have XP you will have to purchase PS 7.0.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections