Dan Wenz
Sep 20, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently took a class, a few weeks in duration, for which I bought
v.6, since the class used that version of Adobe’s software. I’m not a
power user, but wonder whether v. 7 is worth the cost to upgrade. One thing I think I’ll "attempt" will be some CD/DVD slide shows, with music, for the (adult) kids and ourselves. Comments appreciated.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Roberto
Sep 20, 2009
On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 21:41:40 -0400, Dan Wenz
wrote:

I recently took a class, a few weeks in duration, for which I bought
v.6, since the class used that version of Adobe’s software. I’m not a
power user, but wonder whether v. 7 is worth the cost to upgrade. One thing I think I’ll "attempt" will be some CD/DVD slide shows, with music, for the (adult) kids and ourselves. Comments appreciated.

I would not bother then. Not enough there to warrant an upgrade. V7 does not deserve that title it is more like v6.4 considering the differences.

The only thing that might make it worth it is that some people like myself noticed V7 was more stable and reliable. That might be system dependant though.
B
Bill
Sep 20, 2009
"Dan Wenz" wrote in message
I recently took a class, a few weeks in duration, for which I bought v.6, since the class used that version of Adobe’s software. I’m not a power user, but wonder whether v. 7 is worth the cost to upgrade. One thing I think I’ll "attempt" will be some CD/DVD slide shows, with music, for the (adult) kids and ourselves. Comments appreciated.

I am still using v6 and satisfied with what it does for what I can do. However I recently came across photoshop.com which is an online hosting sharing web site, and discovered that it is linked directly to version 7 for better uploads. Version 6 cant upload directly, but in discussing this in another forum, it seems version8 is around the corner and was advised to wait.

So maybe stick with 6 and see what 8 will be and save some $$

I also kept v4 as it has some card/calendar creating features that adobe dropped in 6. 🙁

Bill
A
Aristobulus
Sep 21, 2009
I had v6 and upgraded to v7

I can’t really see why I did that!

I have a theory about odd and even numbered versions of PSE….

Stay with the even numbers

"Bill" wrote in message
"Dan Wenz" wrote in message
I recently took a class, a few weeks in duration, for which I bought v.6, since the class used that version of Adobe’s software. I’m not a power user, but wonder whether v. 7 is worth the cost to upgrade. One thing I think I’ll "attempt" will be some CD/DVD slide shows, with music, for the (adult) kids and ourselves. Comments appreciated.

I am still using v6 and satisfied with what it does for what I can do. However I recently came across photoshop.com which is an online hosting sharing web site, and discovered that it is linked directly to version 7 for better uploads. Version 6 cant upload directly, but in discussing this in another forum, it seems version8 is around the corner and was advised to wait.

So maybe stick with 6 and see what 8 will be and save some $$
I also kept v4 as it has some card/calendar creating features that adobe dropped in 6. 🙁

Bill

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections