No upgrade path for collection owners – are they nuts??

TG
Posted By
Thomas Geist
Sep 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
$ 750 for the upgrade to CS Professional and $ 550 to CS standard. In Europe they even want EUR 1160/810!! (The Euro is 1.14 S right now!) And every Photoshop user gets it.

I have the Design Collection (PS7, ID 2, Ill 10, Acrobat 5.5) and I have already upgraded to Acrobat 6 Professional.

This would mean CS Standard (no GoLive and no Acrobat) would be the right thing for me to do.

But there is NO upgrade price for Adobe Collection owners. If they do not show up with one they are cheating lots of they users.

Hey Adobe! Don’t try to rip us off!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PH
Photo Help
Sep 29, 2003
Thomas,

How do you see yourself being cheated? You will pay the same upgrade price per package that everyone else does, yet you got a considerable discount over other users when you purchased the design collection.
RO
Robert Oliver
Sep 29, 2003
The same thing happened when the Video Collection came out. People cried foul that they weren’t getting further deep discounts. I honestly think some people would complain over anything less than free upgrades for life from Adobe.

For me, none of the upgrade packages are perfect. CS Standard doesn’t have GoLive CS, yet CS Professional features Acrobat 6 Pro, which I already have. Individual upgrades would be cheaper for me than getting CS Professional, but then I wouldn’t have the Version Cue software (which I don’t believe will be sold seperatley, but I’m not really sure I need it).

But, I’m not going to complain. I don’t expect Adobe to create a specific upgrade package just for me.
TG
Thomas Geist
Sep 29, 2003
Yes, your points are right. You can see it from two sides:

– Collection buyers had their discount and should be glad – Buyer A paid $ 600 for Photoshop and $ 750 for CS Pro. That’s $ 1350 together. Buyer B paid $ 1100 for Design Collection and $ 750 for CS Pro. That’s $ 1850.

Of course buyer B got tho have the whole package for a longer time. This is where you are absolutely right.

I am just a buyer B who had the whole Collection for 6 months yet, bought the Acrobat 6 Professional upgrade recently AND suffers from the much higher European prices (Photoshop $ 600, EUR 1100; Design Collection $ 1100, EUR 2100 – the Euro is $ 1.41).

I just do not feel too happy slamming down a lot of money for it all. Of course I still will do it since it is darn good software.
TG
Thomas Geist
Sep 29, 2003
Oops, that should read: "the Euro is $ 1.14". Sorry.
PH
Photo Help
Sep 29, 2003
Thomas,

Can’t you just order a copy from the US and pay the lower price? People order electronics directly from Japan all the time to save a few hundred dollars.
TG
Thomas Geist
Sep 29, 2003
Photo Help,

an idea I have surely considered over and over. But I am in consulting as well as in real work with the software.

And I cannot bother people I give consulting to with an English version. Although I myself wouldn’t have the least problems with it …
HP
Help, Photo
Sep 29, 2003
I see. That is a problem.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections