K
Posted By
KnoSoup42
Jun 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If I have, Photoshop for windows, but am switching to mac, is there a way I can get it for mac for free, or will i have to buy it all over again? Buying a $600 program twice seems like kind of a waste.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Rick
Jun 14, 2008
"KnoSoup42" wrote in message
| If I have, Photoshop for windows, but am switching to mac, is there a | way I can get it for mac for free, or will i have to buy it all over | again? Buying a $600 program twice seems like kind of a waste.

My understanding Adobe has a one time provision to transfer the license from PC to Mac. (or PC to Mac)

It’s a bit hard to find out what to do and how but that seems to be SOP for Adobe
JD
john david hough
Jun 20, 2008
If you are buying a new mac with the intel chip, you can also run windows on the computer, so just load your copy of windows and you are ready to go

KnoSoup42 wrote:
If I have, Photoshop for windows, but am switching to mac, is there a way I can get it for mac for free, or will i have to buy it all over again? Buying a $600 program twice seems like kind of a waste.
MG
Mac G
Jun 27, 2008
In article <OxQ4k.6$>, "NotMe"
wrote:

"KnoSoup42" wrote in message
| If I have, Photoshop for windows, but am switching to mac, is there a | way I can get it for mac for free, or will i have to buy it all over | again? Buying a $600 program twice seems like kind of a waste.
My understanding Adobe has a one time provision to transfer the license from PC to Mac. (or PC to Mac)

It’s a bit hard to find out what to do and how but that seems to be SOP for Adobe

Or get your SW here: http://www.opensourcemac.org/
MG
Mac G
Jun 27, 2008
In article <brW6k.11444$>,
john hough wrote:

If you are buying a new mac with the intel chip, you can also run windows on the computer, so just load your copy of windows and you are ready to go

Much safer to run your Win APPs under Mac OS X.
-by using Parallels,
-or Fusion,
or Crossover.
R
Rick
Jun 27, 2008
"Mac G" wrote in message
| In article <OxQ4k.6$>, "NotMe"
| wrote:
|
| > "KnoSoup42" wrote in message
| >
| > | If I have, Photoshop for windows, but am switching to mac, is there a | > | way I can get it for mac for free, or will i have to buy it all over | > | again? Buying a $600 program twice seems like kind of a waste. | >
| > My understanding Adobe has a one time provision to transfer the license from
| > PC to Mac. (or PC to Mac)
| >
| > It’s a bit hard to find out what to do and how but that seems to be SOP for
| > Adobe
|
| Or get your SW here: http://www.opensourcemac.org/

Good link.

Some, due to client requirements and other limits/considerations, must use the premium applications.

Recall the golden rule, he who has the gold … rules.

Regardless the OP wanted to know how to transfer use of an existing paid for application.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections