DB
Posted By
Deena_Berton
Apr 7, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello. I have a Mac PowerPC G4 with 1GB of RAM and I’m running OS X 10.4.11. I’m using CS2 ver 9.0.2.

I have a new Mac Pro with 2GB of RAM and I’m running OS X v10.5.2.

I would like to run CS3 on my new Mac Pro.

Could anyone guide me in accomplishing this? I’d like to buy the upgrade to CS3 of course.

I can’t figure out how to do this because of course I want to just load CS3 on the new computer but I want to pay for just the upgrade. And, if I buy the upgrade, I’m not sure my old computer will run CS3.

Thanks,
Deena

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Apr 7, 2008
when you install the upgrade just enter the serial of CS2 when asked.
R
Ram
Apr 7, 2008
Deena,

Don’t fret. 🙂

This has been explained often enough: All Adobe upgrades are FULL INSTALLERS. If they don’t find a previous version already installed from which they can read the previous serial number, the upgrade installer will simply prompt you for the old serial number which you get from the back of the CD/DVD case of your legitimate copy of said previous version.

That’s all.
NK
Neil_Keller
Apr 7, 2008
Deena,

In addition to the previous comments, before you do this though, I recommend that you put more RAM in your computers (particularly the G4) so they don’t choke trying to run CS3, your operating system, and whatever else you have running. Also check your hard drive free space, particularly on your older Mac, so that you have scratch disk space and place to store at least some of your images.

And in preparation for the CS3 installation (which is really quite easy), be sure you boot off the System Disk and use Disk Utility to repair permissions and the disk and boot off the DiskWarrior disk and run repairs as well. Repeat repair permissions after the installation. These maintenance routines will help insure that your new CS3 runs well.

You will find that you have both CS2 and CS3 on your drive. You can safely uninstall CS2 if you wish.

If you have questions about any of this, please get back to us.

Neil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections