If I have windows version of PS6, Can I upgrade to Mac version of CS?

M
Posted By
mwhals
Jan 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the windows version of PS6, but want to upgrade to PS CS. I built a new PC, that I didn’t install PS6 onto, because I am building or buying another PC for my "digital darkroom." If I buy, I may get an Apple Macintosh G5. Will I have to buy the full Mac version if I get an Apple, or can I buy just the upgrade version since I have the windows version of PS6 already?

Mark H

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RL
Robert_Levine
Jan 12, 2004
You can buy an upgrade but you’ll have to do so directly through Adobe.

Bob
M
mwhals
Jan 12, 2004
The upgrade from Adobe would be at the upgrade price? Also, it will install on the MAC even though the verification disk will be a windows version of Photoshop 6?

Mark H
RL
Robert_Levine
Jan 12, 2004
It might be slightly higher than a normal upgrade and you won’t be using a verification disk. Like I said, call Adobe and get the full scoop from them. But you’ll need solid proof of ownership. You did register your copy, didn’t you?

Bob
M
mwhals
Jan 12, 2004
Yes, it is registered.

It might not matter as the price for a MAC G5 is much higher than I can build the same machine for windows. Benchmarks show the MAC G5 doesn’t have much advantage over a couple of chips on the market.

I still want the option though, so thanks for answering.

Mark H
G
Gener
Jan 12, 2004
It’s called a "cross-platform upgrade." $250 from Adobe. Call customer service for further details.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections