after upgrade to mac tiger all versions of photoshop (including trial) fail to load but imageready i

M
Posted By
mcyi2mr3
Dec 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all

I recently upgraded to tiger (from Panther) and discovered that I could no longer load my version of photoshop CS (or Windows media player).

So i made sure i downloaded all the updates for Tiger, and tried to reinstall the version of PS several times to no avail.

I then deleted all files relating to photoshop that I could find on my computer and tried it again with no sucess. I found that windows media player was also affected and that the fix for was deleting preferences so i deleted those for PS. But PS still did not work.

I then downloaded the trial of CS2 thinking that a newer version might be whats needed but that did not work either.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get Photoshop working on my system again? I think i’ve looked at every forum post on this subject and nothing seems to work.

The error message I get is : "The Application Photoshop quit unexpectedly".

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

E
edjh
Dec 17, 2006
wrote:
Hi all

I recently upgraded to tiger (from Panther) and discovered that I could no longer load my version of photoshop CS (or Windows media player).
So i made sure i downloaded all the updates for Tiger, and tried to reinstall the version of PS several times to no avail.

I then deleted all files relating to photoshop that I could find on my computer and tried it again with no sucess. I found that windows media player was also affected and that the fix for was deleting preferences so i deleted those for PS. But PS still did not work.

I then downloaded the trial of CS2 thinking that a newer version might be whats needed but that did not work either.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get Photoshop working on my system again? I think i’ve looked at every forum post on this subject and nothing seems to work.

Upgrading the Mac OS is not that simple. Try Repairing Permissions before and after installing any software. Folks on the Adobe Photoshop Forum site can give you more info.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
DB
Dave Balderstone
Dec 17, 2006
In article ,
<""> wrote:

You’re missing the "Adobe Unit Types" plugin from /Library/ScriptingAdditions/

If you did an archive and install, it will be in the previous system folder.

If it’s truly gone, reinstall Photoshop.
M
mcyi2mr3
Dec 17, 2006
I have reinstalled photoshop several times. including a download of the very latest version (trial) from the adobe site. It still doesnt work.

You’re missing the "Adobe Unit Types" plugin from /Library/ScriptingAdditions/

If you did an archive and install, it will be in the previous system folder.

If it’s truly gone, reinstall Photoshop.
M
mcyi2mr3
Dec 17, 2006
Thanks a lot edjh

I found what i was looking for on the photoshop forums. I had to get rid of the twain plugin which apparently corrupts easily.

Upgrading the Mac OS is not that simple. Try Repairing Permissions before and after installing any software. Folks on the Adobe Photoshop Forum site can give you more info.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
SS
see_signature
Dec 17, 2006
edjh wrote:

Upgrading the Mac OS is not that simple.

It should be.
IMHO, Adobe f***d up this one all by their lonesome selves. —
/Jon
For contact info, run the following in Terminal:
Mail: echo 36199371860304980107073482417748002696458P|dc Skype: echo 139576319600233690471689738P|dc
JR
Jolly Roger
Dec 17, 2006
On 2006-12-17 08:51:18 -0600, ""
said:

Thanks a lot edjh

I found what i was looking for on the photoshop forums. I had to get rid of the twain plugin which apparently corrupts easily.

For future reference, when an application crashes like this, your first and best way to get a real clue as to what is going wrong is to examine the content of the application’s crash log. Crash logs are usually located in the /Users/you/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/ folder or the /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/ folder.

I’m willing to bet you that the Photoshop crash log would have made some mention of the TWAIN plugin, or the fact that it was loading plugins at least, just before the crash.

JR
U
usenet
Dec 18, 2006
Jolly Roger wrote:

On 2006-12-17 08:51:18 -0600, ""
said:

Thanks a lot edjh

For future reference, when an application crashes like this, your first and best way to get a real clue as to what is going wrong is to examine the content of the application’s crash log. Crash logs are usually located in the /Users/you/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/ folder or the /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/ folder.

I’m willing to bet you that the Photoshop crash log would have made some mention of the TWAIN plugin, or the fact that it was loading plugins at least, just before the crash.

The easiest way to look at crash logs is in Console, an app in /Applications/Utilities.

Run it, click on ‘Logs’ and do what comes naturally.
JR
Jolly Roger
Dec 18, 2006
On 2006-12-17 23:06:32 -0600, (Paul Mitchum) said:

The easiest way to look at crash logs is in Console, an app in /Applications/Utilities.

Run it, click on ‘Logs’ and do what comes naturally.

Good tip – thanks, Paul! : )

JR

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections