AT
Posted By
Agnes_Teo
Apr 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I run checks on my hard disc already, and the other hardware checks, all is well. I sent my com to the service centre last week, but ended up having the technician to tell me that he couldn’t detect any problem with my com. And I have to advise him on which area to check out for the problem.

I was being advised at other forums to check the logs at the console in utilities. And indeed there were some issues pertaining to Photoshop and my WACOM tablet. However I did download the latest driver from WACOM official site. This is depressing, I couldn’t get any help. 🙁

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AT
Agnes_Teo
Apr 6, 2008
it states "NSautorelease no pool just leaking" when I opened my photoshop CS. Anybody happens to know what this means?
NK
Neil_Keller
Apr 6, 2008
Agnes,

No clue about that CS message. What happens if you disconnect your Wacom tablet? Or for that matter, ALL external peripherals?
Neil
B
Buko
Apr 6, 2008
Can you run Tiger on that computer if so that would be your best bet. There is no support or a chance that there will ever be ban update to make CS2 or CS compatible with Leopard. Also Cs and CS2 need to run in Rosetta on a Mac Pro that is PPC emulation.

the best solution would be to upgrade to CS3 and run native.
AT
Agnes_Teo
Apr 7, 2008
The service centre just called me and told me, CS2 cannot run on Leopard, ask me to change to CS3.

I’m really very apprehensive, after all these bad experience. And to get the software is another sum of money. Any one can tell me if it will really work with Leopard? I am intending to get it today but I always see the topics like "CS3 quits unexpectedly" etc. Is it true, is it stable?

I couldn’t run my OS on tiger because when I bought the com, it is already leopard. 🙁
AT
Agnes_Teo
Apr 7, 2008
And sorry for my ignorance, what does it mean by "run native"?
R
Ram
Apr 7, 2008
First of all, I finally figured out that when you write "com", you mean computer. :/

Second, I told you in post #1:

CS2 is not supported by Adobe under Leopard. There will be no patches or updates for any version earlier than CS3.

I guess you didn’t believe me. :/

Third, you are right. You cannot revert to Tiger because your "com" won’t support it.

In order for an application to run in the native Mac-Intel environment, it has to be written for that CPU. CS2 cannot run natively on a Mac-Intel machine because it was written for PPC Macintosh computers so it needs to run in a software emulation mode called Rosetta. That’s the difference between running natively and running in an emulation mode that emulates a pre-Intel PowerMac chip (PPC).
AT
Agnes_Teo
Apr 8, 2008
Thank you folks for all the patience and advice you have for me, I am currently running cs3. So far so good. 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections