PK
Posted By
Paula_Korte
Jun 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If I buy an upgrade cd on ebay for upgrading Photoshop version 5 to 6 on a Mac with OS 9.2, does the upgrade cd work with the serial number of the current version 5 on my Mac? If the upgrade cd has been used by the seller on a Mac with a registered version of Photoshop does this create any problems when I use the cd on my Mac?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Jun 10, 2004
The old serial number will work.

If the seller has registered the upgrade, you do not own a legal license to Photoshop 6 until the seller gives you a written transfer of rights (form available for download) and agrees to destroy all copies of Photoshop 6 he may own and any upgrades he has that are based on that upgrade to Photoshop 6 (such as Photoshop 7.x or CS).
PK
Paula_Korte
Jun 10, 2004
Thanks for the info!
SW
Scott_Weichert
Jun 10, 2004
Didn’t 6 ship with new numbers??? hmmmm… I know 7 did.
R
Ram
Jun 11, 2004
Yes, the 7 upgrade did come with a new serial number, but the upgrade installer still asked for the serial number of the previously owned version, which had to be at least version 4.

I don’t know about version 6, because I went from 5 to 7.
B
Buko
Jun 11, 2004
6 used the old number, but you need a photoshop 4, 5, 5.5 CD during the installation.

7 started the new serial numbers

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections