AF
Posted By
andrew_faizey
Apr 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I originally downloaded the trial version then purchased a download version from Adobe. The read me file says I must first uninstall the tryout version. As a newcomer to the MAC, how exactly does one do that? I have tried moving the original PSE3 folder within Applications to Trash and emptying the same, and then instal the new download. However, each time I run PSE3 I still get the try out message with a countdown of the number of days to go. HELP – anyone..

Thanks
Andy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 25, 2005
There are at least three more files that need to come out, and they should be in (your user folder)>Library>Preferences.

com.adobe.Photoshop.Elements.plist
Photoshop Elements 3.0 Settings
Photoshop Elements 3.0 Paths

It seems like there might be something else, too, but I don’t remember what it is. These should do it, though.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 26, 2005
Wouldn’t it be the "Adobe Save For Web 3" files ?

Ray
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 26, 2005
Hey, pull that one out, too!! 🙂 I think the .plist, Settings, and Paths would create the most trouble if they got left, but get anything you can find that relates to the Elements demo.
AF
andrew_faizey
Apr 26, 2005
Beth / Ray,

Thanks both for your advice – I’ll give it a go and get back to you. I’m still getting to grips with an OS that allows you to delete programs by simply dragging and dropping into the trash can; both easy and scary in equal amounts (especially as you have to empty trash for it to take effect).

Regards,

Andy
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 26, 2005
Andrew,

At first, I was uneasy myself (I’m a 1 year old switcher). But think of it… No messing with C:\WINDOWS and C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder, to registery that can get (often does) corrupted. No INF files in C:\WINDOWS\INF. No C:\PROGRAM FILES\APPLICATION folder to remove because the installer couldn’t. No Control Pannel to clean up because an application left its entry and Windows cannot remove it on its own, even if the application itself is gone.

At the end, drag and drop onto the trash can, it’s quite efficient! And it ensures you’re not actually messing with the rest of your system, preventing possible problems later.

Ray
AF
andrew_faizey
May 2, 2005
Beth / Ray

I tried your suggestions, however I could not find several of the files you referred to. I decided to try Adobe telephone support – not without its own frustration I must say. Adobe issued a new licence key and it now works fine – it appears while the website suggests a retail version purchased by download should be pre-registered – they are not…

Kind Regards and thanks for your help,

Andy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections