K
Posted By
klesler
Sep 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Planning on upgrade to either E6850 dual 3.0 or Q6600 quad 2.4 with a gts 8800 video card. Any thoughts of which processor would run photoshop better would be helpfull. Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
babaloo
Sep 7, 2007
Theoretically the quad, not because of the multi-processors but because of the massive cache memory on the chip.
SP
Sid_Phillips
Sep 7, 2007
From what I’ve read here and on tech forums, the dual-core chips seem to outperform quad-core because of memory bus issues. That said, as both apps and operating systems become more sophisticated at handling parallel processing, the quad-core is probably going to be a real boon.

If I could afford it, I would install a fast quad-core and the fastest possible memory. This should future-proof your new system as much as possible and should still run Photoshop like a scalded dog. And make sure the video card provides separate color LUTs for both DVI ports so you can calibrate & profile both.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections