S
Posted By
simmelt
Dec 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just switched over to an Epson 2200 becuase my HP1220c kept "gagging" on heavier glossy stock paper when printing thru Elements or PS7. Lately i’ve tried printing on Ilford HW Classic Pearl and the 2200 is leaving "Scuff marks" lengthwise every inch the width the full the length of the paper.

Anyone else having fits with this "printer/paper" combination?

The HP 1220c did well with this paper…..but….objected to glossy. Do I need BOTH printers to get the quality Photoshop & my 10D can deleiver??

Shane

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

K
kensch888
Dec 14, 2003
Had the same issue with some canvas prints. It’s a paper/canvas issue. Some of the media requires longer ink drying times.

I went to print->advanced->Ink Config-> set drying time to 15-20 sec. Seemed to work for me.

Ken

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:22:57 -0600, "simmelt" wrote:

I’ve just switched over to an Epson 2200 becuase my HP1220c kept "gagging" on heavier glossy stock paper when printing thru Elements or PS7. Lately i’ve tried printing on Ilford HW Classic Pearl and the 2200 is leaving "Scuff marks" lengthwise every inch the width the full the length of the paper.

The HP 1220c did well with this paper…..but….objected to glossy. Do I need BOTH printers to get the quality Photoshop & my 10D can deleiver??
Shane
S
simmelt
Dec 14, 2003
Hen: Thanks for the tip…I’ll push my times even farther now!!

Epson responded with the following:

Please note that the 2200 is only supported with the following papers (up to date list is always on our web site):

Plain Paper
Epson Watercolor Paper
Epson Enhanced Matte Paper (Formerly known as Archival Matte) Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper
Epson Premium Luster Paper
Epson Premium Semigloss Paper
Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper

Please also ensure that the paper thickness lever is in the correct position. The lever is located on the right hand side(back) of the printer.

The lines that you are seeing may be a result of the ink not drying before it exits the printer. There are small rubber wheels that hold the paper in place as it exits the printer. When the ink is wet, it gets on these rollers and will smear onto the rest of the print. Because of the type of ink used in the Stylus Photo 2200, only certain media types can be used. The above media are the only types of paper supported as they will be dry before the print exits the printer.

I looked into the "advanaced" area and DID see the timing and have been fooling around with various times and havn’t perfected the timing yet but AM making headway.
Ilfords UK website notes that Classic Pearl Papers aren’t approved for the Epson 2200. ( well…duh!!)

Thanks again for the feedback!!

———————————————————— —————- ———————
wrote in message
Had the same issue with some canvas prints. It’s a paper/canvas issue. Some of the media requires longer ink drying times.

I went to print->advanced->Ink Config-> set drying time to 15-20 sec. Seemed to work for me.

Ken

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:22:57 -0600, "simmelt" wrote:

I’ve just switched over to an Epson 2200 becuase my HP1220c kept
"gagging"
on heavier glossy stock paper when printing thru Elements or PS7. Lately i’ve tried printing on Ilford HW Classic Pearl and the 2200 is leaving "Scuff marks" lengthwise every inch the width the full the length of the paper.

Shane

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections