Corice_Arman
Jun 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Scanner: Epson Perfection 4870 Photo

Problem:
When first setting up my G5, I noticed that Adobe automatically created a list of 12 different Epson scanners to chose from on my File Import list. I only have the 4870, and find it somewhat annoying to have to glance through this list of others when scanning.

Question:
Is there any way I can delete the other Epson scanners from this list and just have the one 4870 on my list?
I have gone through every step I can think of to do this, but still cannot find a solution. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 11, 2004
You have those drivers installed, and Photoshop lists all the installed drivers. Just delete the drivers for the scanners you don’t have.
CA
Corice_Arman
Jun 11, 2004
I don’t know how I could have installed more than the one driver, though. I previously had an Epson 1200, and when I originally installed Photoshop 7 onto the G5, it automatically installed all these drivers itself.
If you would be kind enough to explain to me how I can uninstall these other drivers (as I have tried to search this, but cannot find any answers within the Photoshop book or help website), I would be most appreciative.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections