PE2 will not import Epson Twain. Help please!

M
Posted By
mike
Sep 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Suddenly, when I try and import Epson Twain scanner in to Elements 2, I get the following error message:

"Could not complete the import command because of a problem with the acquisition Module interface".

and then when I click OK this appears:

"The instruction at "0x673328c8" referenced memory at "0x0e9b0740". The memory could not be read.
Click on OK to terminate the program"

I’ve just uninstalled an reinstalled both PE2 and Epson scanner, bit without success. Same error messages.

Basically-HELP!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
brent bertram
Sep 16, 2003
Mike,
What is your Operating System ? My first thought is to ask whether you have another application to try to scan from . IrfanView is a free graphics application that also uses the TWAIN interface. If you download IrfanView, you could check out whether or not it works with the scanner. Then we could have some evidence to think about.
VueScan is another utility, downloadable from <http://www.hamrick.com> ( the demo version is free, anyway ) and it could also test your scanner ( without the TWAIN interface , since Ed Hamrick supports scanners directly ) .

Generally, your problem is a TWAIN issue, not an Elements issue, and the answer might be uninstalling your scanner, then reinstalling it, and/or finding what in your system is conflicting with the TWAIN driver. Lot’s of options, but we need more clues, I think <G> . If you find that your scanner works with Vuescan, but not IrfanView or Elements, that would be a great clue ( but you wouldn’t be much better off <G> ).

🙂

Brent
M
mike
Sep 17, 2003
"brent bertram" wrote in message
Mike,
What is your Operating System ? My first thought is to ask whether you
have another application to try to scan from . IrfanView is a free graphics application that also uses the TWAIN interface. If you download IrfanView, you could check out whether or not it works with the scanner. Then we could have some evidence to think about.
VueScan is another utility, downloadable from <http://www.hamrick.com> (
the demo version is free, anyway ) and it could also test your scanner ( without the TWAIN interface , since Ed Hamrick supports scanners directly ) ..
Generally, your problem is a TWAIN issue, not an Elements issue, and the
answer might be uninstalling your scanner, then reinstalling it, and/or finding what in your system is conflicting with the TWAIN driver. Lot’s of options, but we need more clues, I think <G> . If you find that your scanner works with Vuescan, but not IrfanView or Elements, that would be a great clue ( but you wouldn’t be much better off <G> ).

Thanks for the reply. I use Win 2000 Pro. Strangely, after a day of not working at all, with the message I gave earlier, today I opened PE2 again, and more in hope than expectation, clicked on Import Twain. This time it opened and I spent today scanning a batch of negs without problem. I don’t understand why, and I’m worried that this might turn in to one of those wearisome intermittant problems.

I did yesterday uninstall and reinstall both PE2 and Epson scanner. Yesterday it didn’t seem to make any difference, but today it works. Go figure, as they say in America.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Mike
JC
John Calloway
Sep 18, 2003
Mike:

Has your setup ever worked for you, or has it always acted up on you?

The suggestion to try importing/acquiring through another app is a good one. If you have MS Word and have installed the scanner plugin, you could try scanning into Word. CorelDraw and Pagemaker also allow you to acquire images from your scanner. All will rely on your Twain driver/interface to import images. If any of these apps import properly, then, the problem is not with your scanner or its Twain driver.

Good luck.

JC
M
mike
Sep 18, 2003
Thanks for the reply. It’s worked fine since installation. As I posted above, yesterday it worked fine. The previous day was when it failed for some unknown reason. Today it’s ok too.

I’ll keep your hints handy if or when it happens again.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Mike

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections