SH
Posted By
Sheila_Hoffman
Dec 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is sort of funny (& sad). I have an email I posted to this group almost exactly two years ago with the same subject line. I can’t fine the old thread anymore and I have the exact same problem again now! When I upgraded to CS I copied my plug-ins over. One of them is for my scanner. It didn’t work right so I deleted what I copied over and installed from the disk. Then I removed every instance I could find of it thinking I could clean this out and install properly just one instance. But no matter what I try I still have two entries showing in my Import listings in CS. Is there a way to get rid of it? I can’t find it. I thought maybe in the registry or an ini file or some such? I’ve done a search on both Lasersoft & Silverfast (my scanner software) and deleted every mention of it. And I still get the double listing. When I click on it it comes up and asks for my registration. WHERE is this thing? I can’t use Windows uninstall because I’ve deleted everything already so I get an error message when I try to use the uninstall.

Thanks,
Sheila

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

L
LenHewitt
Dec 10, 2003
Hi, Sheila,

When I upgraded to CS I copied my plug-ins over. <<

You should NEVER do that. It will lead to conflicts between plugin versions. The ‘safe’ way is to install all 3rd party plugins to a separate plugins folder and nominate that as the additional plugins folder.

Personally I would un-install CS, delete the whole of the Photoshop CS folder tree and then re-install
SH
Sheila_Hoffman
Dec 10, 2003
Len:

Thanks for the tip. That’s certainly a smart way to go and I will in the future. Meanwhile, posting here helped me feel stupid enough to figure it out. I deleted the Epson plugins and then I had no more listings and was able to successfully install the software.

Thanks,
Sheila
L
LenHewitt
Dec 10, 2003
Good to hear you’ve got it sorted, Sheila

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections