E
Posted By
envirographics
Sep 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone else experienced this, given these following facts you must have !…whats the answer ???

Ever since owning an Epson1520, images sitting 5mm in from the take-up edge (210mm) of an A4 page print either at or off the edge when sent from Photoshop. Happens to Pshop4,5,6 (yet to test 7)and with three different PC’s. OS is win98se and win95. I have yet to try win2000 or winXP. Even Pshop5 and 6 to an Epson 3000 do this. Paper can be Epson Photo Quality 720dpi or Epson 360 dpi or plain in the tray with same selected in the printer properties window.
The shift to edge of image is 5mm on average.

Now my home PC has started upping this to 12mm at times. So I tried telling the printer it was custom size 302mm which gave me 1.5mm the other way on plain paper, at least not off the edge and an ink mess. Still winning at 299mm so print the first serious print on 720dpi paper and success, insert another sheet, same settings, and off the edge it goes, yet paper take up sounded and looked ok.

Always allowing a margin of 5mm anyway with 19mm at tail end, my old trick was to simply move the image back a further 5mm so it ends up at the desired 5mm during printing, but now this is failing, why 12mm ??

Macromedia Freehand, Access, etc are all ok, Freehand no shift, so I place my images onto its pages and print, but a nuisance to have to do so when working and printing in Pshop against the clock. Access Report printout had some pages shifting up, more a mechanical issue with page upon page going in.

Any ideas ? Its been suggested to reinstall Pshop and Epson latest driver in safe mode, did this work for you ?

Envirographics

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections