DC
Posted By
Donn_Craig
Jul 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been trying to print a panoramic picture that is 12.5"X34.5 using Photoshop CS and an Epson 2200 printer. I using a roll of 13" paper that 32′ long. I’ve gone to page set up and created a custom sized paper, and when I do a print preview everything looks fine, yet when it prints the picture is only 8" wide instead of 13". I’ve email Epson, but their response was no help. I’ve downloaded the latest set of drivers and installed them, still doesn’t work. I’m using a G4 and OS 10.2.8.

If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 3, 2004
Please tell us exactly what your printer’s settings are. Are you set to print at 100% size (assuming that gives you 13" height).

Neil
R
Ram
Jul 3, 2004
Also, tell us the exact dimensions in pixels of your image (width x height) and the resolution in ppi of your image, please.
DC
Donn_Craig
Jul 3, 2004
Hi,

The dimensions in pixels are width 5578 height 2008, and the resolution is 160.667 pixel./inch. In page setup I’ve created a custom paper size of 13" height and 36" width and I’ve set the orientation at landscape at 100%. When I do a print preview everthing looks fine, but it doesn’t print that way. I am using the paper roll feed if that is any help.

Thanks,

Donn
R
Ram
Jul 3, 2004
Thanks for elaborating, Donn.

The aspect ratio was what I was wondering about, but that seems close enough. You do have a peculiar resolution, though. I’m not sure that makes a difference.

I would go and download the latest drivers and the latest profiles for your printed from the Epson site.

When the printer first came out, roll paper was not supported in OS X.

You can find a direct link to the latest profiles here (click on the link):

Ramón G Castañeda "New profiles for Epson SP 2200 on Epson site" 4/1/04 9:11pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>
L
Larryr544
Jul 3, 2004
Try rotating your image by 90 degrees and printint in portrait mode.
R
Ram
Jul 3, 2004
The above link has expired.

CLICK HERE < http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/EditorialAnnouncement.jsp ?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=42114986> for the current one.
PF
Philip_Fried
Jul 4, 2004
Try the following:

Set Custom Paper Size to 12.85” X 44” (My experience indicates that 13” won’t work; longer than 44” won’t work either).
Orientation:Middle Icon,banner
Scale to fit media

Philip
DC
Donn_Craig
Jul 5, 2004
Success!!!! I Set the custom paper Size to 12.85" X 36" with the Orientation as a banner, and used an older version Adobe Photoshop in OS 9.6., because of the size of picture I also had to allocate more memeory to Photoshop.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!

Donn
R
Ram
Jul 5, 2004
used an older version Adobe Photoshop in OS 9.6

Mac OS 9 never went beyond 9.2.2. 🙂
DC
Donn_Craig
Jul 6, 2004
My mistake, it was OS 9.2.
BD
Bob_Donnan
Jul 8, 2004
Larryr544

Thanks for your advice of printing only in portrait mode. Photoshop CS and OS 10.3 don’t work for me in landscape orientation even though they look fine in print preview. Rotating everything before you print it is a pain but a simple way to work around the problem.

Bob
L
Larryr544
Jul 8, 2004
Glad that it is working. I believe this tip originally came from Ann or Linda?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections