DR
Posted By
David_Remington
Aug 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Not strictly a Photoshop issue, but I’m hoping someone here has a solution. I’m trying to print to an Epson 2200 from Photoshop using Matte black, G4 running Mac OS X 10.3.4, latest (1.8aAs) Epson driver. The printer will not print. I get the "the black ink is not the same a the black when the printer was selected. Delete and re-add the printer" dialog) I’ve Deleted and re-added the printer. Deleted and re-installed the driver, turned the printer off, unplugged the USB cable. What’s left? Has anyone run into this problem and found a working fix?

Thanks for any advice.

David

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GB
g_ballard
Aug 4, 2004
Same Epson, Same OS here — I have seen same ink splash screens and recall I had two options (likely a cancel and an ignore).

I always hit the ignore and was able to use the printer…
DR
David_Remington
Aug 4, 2004
I’m just getting delete job from que/stop que.

David
GB
g_ballard
Aug 4, 2004
I had a new 2200 that had a brick wall for a que out of the box.

A call to Epson determined that the 2200 had a hardware problem which they replaced.

Sorry, I don’t have a clue.
Have you tried removing all other USB devices?
The normal maintenance and Spare User?
<http://www.macdesignonline.com/issues/julaug03/DrMac.html>
GB
g_ballard
Aug 4, 2004
Can you find the button combination to turn on the 2200 (and see if the maintenance test page prints)?
R
Ram
Aug 4, 2004
David,

You need to have not only the latest version of the Epson driver installed, but also the latest specific paper profiles for the specific ink/paper combination (CLICK HERE) < http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/EditorialAnnouncement.jsp ?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=42114986>. Install them ALL. You will see SEVEN or EIGHT different versions of your printer appear in the printer list as if by magic.

It’s a total of EIGHT different downloads, including the PDF instructions file, which is a MUST read.

If the link is broken (it may be relying on a cookie on my computer) go to the ANNOUNCEMENTS page (not the downloads or support pages), and click on the category. The last link on that page (the only link there that is not a PDF file) New ICC Profiles for Epson Stylus Photo 2200. Click on it.
DR
David_Remington
Aug 4, 2004
Thanks G and Ramon,

I’ll try installing the new profiles. I’ll check into the test page. As far as I know the printer itself works fine.

David
DT
Diane_Thornton
Aug 14, 2004
I read somewhere that using Firewire connection to the 2200 is preferred over the USB. And that the Epson driver hates it when an HP printer is also connected. SO, you might try, if you have an HP printer, unplugging it and testing. And if that doesn’t work (or even if it does), try firewire connect. I would like to know if this helps cause I’m THIS CLOSE to getting the 2200, just looking for what kind of problems people are having.
R
Ram
Aug 14, 2004
the Epson driver hates it when an HP printer is also connected.

I also hate it when any HP peripheral is connected. 😉

In all seriousness, I’ve never had any connection issues with my 2200. Of course the FireWire connection is faster. That’s what I use.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections