GT
Posted By
Gary_Turner
Nov 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve got an annoy thing going on with Photoshop. I work with a standard canvas size for all my work (648×486). Everything I do is done on a canvas this size.

Every couple of weeks I’ll notice that the appearance of the font sizes has changed. What looks like 12 points one day looks like 6 points the next. Despite the visual difference the font size still reads 12 points. I can work with this. It’s not a big deal. It’s just a weird thing.

When I open up previous jobs I run into the same thing. A font will read as say 24 pts. It looks like 24 pts. Then when I click on it to change a letter it visually gets much smaller, though the character tool box still says it is 24 pts.

I know there is a setting somewhere for this.
Any help here? Has anyone else in a Windows environment ran into this??

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
LenHewitt
Nov 26, 2003
Gary,

Try trashing the prefs file – details in the FAQ at the top od this forums topic list
L
larry
Nov 26, 2003
Is your pixels per inch changed from new canvas to new canvas. That could account for the visually different sized fonts.

Larry Berman

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections