!!!! FONT/TEXT SIZE IS REALLY WACKED !!!!

FJ
Posted By
fro_joe
Jul 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello there, thank you for tending to my need for help. my problem is simply that, in photoshop 7.0, my font/text sizes are very messed up. the zoom on the entire canvas will be 100%, and the font size will be at 72pt but it still shows as very small font – so small that one line of text will look like a thin line. to be barely readable, i have to set the font as 1000pt of more. please, somebody help me! i dont know how to fix this problem!

-thank you

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Jul 2, 2004
Increase the image’s ppi to something that makes sense; 72 or 300 or so. Rob
L
LenHewitt
Jul 2, 2004
And if that doesn’t work, delete your preference file – Details in the FAQ at the top of this forum’s Topic List
JS
John_Slate
Jul 2, 2004
Zoom at 100% is not print size.

Choose view>print size and see what the fonts look like.

You probably have 7ppi or something really low, by mistake.

or do what Len sed
P
Phosphor
Jul 2, 2004
Thanks, Tim.

That was the first thing I thought when I read the thread title.

Sheez, the lil’ gangsta boyz can’t even spell their own slang correctly!

😉
FJ
fro_joe
Jul 2, 2004
haha, thank u all for the help~ it was actually my resolution.. up until now i didnt even know wut the resolution was! thanks though… and its "wacked" to me! 😛 i’m no gangsta but i got my STYLEZ 🙂
P
Phosphor
Jul 2, 2004
Click below:

Using proper netiquette (net-etiquette) will help you to receive a fast and polite response to your question.
Here are some basic examples of proper netiquette:

* Do NOT use all upper case letters.
Typing every word using all upper case letters is considered shouting, and also makes the message harder to read on-screen.

* Do NOT fill your post up with slang or "texting" type abbreviations such as ‘wen using D Patch 2l I dnt gt a cmplt patch repair" which many others might not understand.
A good percentage of members that use this forum are not from your country. Many of them only speak english as a second or third language. <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.2cd06cd9>
FJ
fro_joe
Jul 2, 2004
bite me!
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 2, 2004
don’t worry. timmy’s just "whinging"…
P
Phosphor
Jul 2, 2004
"bite me!"

Yeah, that’s brilliant, and you’ve just helped me prove my suspicions.

Don’t blame me, I’m just the messenger. I didn’t write the rules.

Still, I DO happen to agree with them. You sound like an undereducated twit when you ask questions in that manner. If that’s how you’d like to be perceived here in a professional forum, then by all means, go ahead and make a spectacle of yourself.

It’s usually a good idea to have a look around when you’re new to a forum, to get a handle on how the regulars behave. You have to ingratiate yourself a little before you decide to mold the place to your expectations.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 2, 2004
phosphor… bite me! 😉
FJ
fro_joe
Jul 2, 2004
….thank u, dave!
D
d._wade_thompson
Jul 2, 2004
I thought the green happy face meant sarcasm, then again i never was very good with emoticons.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 2, 2004
I thought the green happy face meant sarcasm,
<nudge><nudge><wink><wink>

"A nod’s as good as a wink to a blind bat." 🙂
G
graffiti
Jul 2, 2004
You know dave, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Shyeah, like THAT’S true.
FJ
fro_joe
Jul 2, 2004
-_- i guess non of you caught MY sarcasm either.. i dont think sarcasm works too good on the computer…
FJ
fro_joe
Jul 2, 2004
* *none
B
BobLevine
Jul 2, 2004
Here’s the obligatory warning. Cool it or this goes R/O.

Thank you and have a nice weekend.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 2, 2004
for those who don’t know… off topic chatter (like the latter part of this thread) is supposed to go here:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.1de5f905>

the adobe photoshop lounge.

HAND, HTH, YMMV, TDMWYTIM.

dave
B
BobLevine
Jul 2, 2004
R/O.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections