Posted By
maxine_d_dye
Jul 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I have just started using P..6 & can’t seem to change the size of any of the brushes. I have been trying to use the shortcut ‘[‘ and ‘]’, which although did work at 1 stage, doesn’t now seem to.
Does anyone have any ideas why this has happened & how to ‘reset’ it?

many thanks

Maxine

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

ML
Mike_Logan
Jul 16, 2004
Must say I prefer the Pallette set-up in earlier versions for Brush selection and creation, but PS6 selection is in the upper left of the screen/window, with a pull-down. Could it be you haven’t found it or have I missed something in the question ?
Z
Zog
Jul 16, 2004
Do you have the <Caps Lock> on? If that’s not it, reset your preferences and see if that gets you going again. You hold down <Shift><Ctrl><Alt> after launching Photoshop, and agree to have the preferences deleted.
MD
maxine_d_dye
Jul 16, 2004
hello, many thanks for your responses, yes, Mike, I did find the pull down. Zog, I reset the preferences, but didn’t get a prompt, so I went into the brush icon on the toolbar & reset the brush tool there. It kind of worked on the circular brushes, but not on the ‘faux finish’ brushes. Is it that you can’t adjust these?
Z
Zog
Jul 16, 2004
Doesn’t sound like you actually reset your preferences, Maxine. You’d want to press the key combination immediately after launching, while PS is loading. All brushes respond to [] here.
MD
maxine_d_dye
Jul 16, 2004
Hi, well, I tried the reset keys when the app’n opened, but it doesn’t seem to work. I can still only ue [] on certain brush strokes… But thankyou for your help anyway.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 16, 2004
You have to be FAST, you get the dialog BEFORE the app actually opens. There’s another way to delete prefs also:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/6712.htm

M
CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 17, 2004
You can’t change the size of the sampled brushes until Photoshop 7.
RK
Ronald_Keller
Jul 17, 2004
No need to be fast; simply hold the "reset" keys BEFORE launching PS 🙂

Ronald
MD
maxine_d_dye
Jul 22, 2004
Hi,
Thanks to everyone for your replies – I finally managed to reset the tools & thanks for the clarification Chris – I wondered if that might be the case..! Yet more reason to argue to get PS 7!!

thanks again

Maxine

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections