GH
Posted By
Gail_Heisler
Oct 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My PS 7 suddenly disappeared and when I try to open it the window says "Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable" What does this mean?

It has been working fine for almost a year. This is an upgrade version, to my old PS 4. I have uninstalled and re-installed both, but I get the same thing. I am running XP Pro. Also, I downloaded Adobe Elements 2.o trial version and I received the same error.

Is this an XP issue? I don’t know what to do at this point.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

O
Ol__Whozit
Oct 26, 2003
Contact Adobe proper. This is beyond any Forum help. Duh.
L
LenHewitt
Oct 26, 2003
Delete your photoshop prefs file – Details in the FAQ at the top of this forum list
GH
Gail_Heisler
Oct 26, 2003
Thank You for replying LenHewitt, I had tried deleting the reg files instead of the prefs files. So I will give that try.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections