Posted By
irina_topor
Apr 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I keep getting this message and I can’t use Photoshop anymore…it says "Sorry but this error is unrecoverable" I cleaned the hard and deleted all the others graphical programs and still doesn’t work…What should I try else ? Please, help !!!

Regards,
Irina

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
LenHewitt
Apr 13, 2007
Irina,

Have you tried deleting the Preference file as per the Forum FAQs?
DM
Don_McCahill
Apr 13, 2007
And if Len’s tip doesn’t work, do try to reinstall.
IT
irina_topor
Apr 13, 2007
Hello,

Thanks for the tip but it didn’t work. In fact, I don’t really know what to do any more…last night I deleted Windows and everything, I installed it again and put another Photoshop version and I still get the same error !!!!!!! I’m going nuts…
IT
irina_topor
Apr 13, 2007
Is there possible to change the scratch disk if it won’t let me start it ? It says that I have Windows and Photoshop on the same volume…could’ it be this ? How can I change it ? Thanks !!!

Irina
L
LenHewitt
Apr 14, 2007
Irina,

could’ it be this ?<<

No, that is only an informational message telling you that Photoshop performance will be improved by having the Photoshop Primary Scratch file on a different physical hard disk to the Windows pagefile. It will not prevent Photoshop from working.
DM
Don_McCahill
Apr 15, 2007
Can you give us the rest of the error message … what you have is generally the second or last line of a longer message. Len or I might be able to find something in the support base with a more complete error message.
IT
irina_topor
Apr 15, 2007
Guys,

I don’t need it anymore, I put another version of Photoshop, 8.0 and then I went to the common files and delete the whole file "Adobe" because it was giving me another type of error related to CoolTypes. For now it works and I am a happy woman again :). Thanks for your help !!!

Irina
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 15, 2007
sounds like a dodgy font was the problem. keep that in mind as you start reinstalling stuff. add fonts only a few (dozen?) at a time, not by the hundreds, and use special care if you use any free fonts from the web or "5001 Font" disks, etc.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections