PS 7 and 6 error: "hardware error unrecoverable"! HELP!

S
Posted By
skizzot
Feb 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello everybody, I had PS6 installed (on Windows 98 and AMD Duron 700) and all was OK for 2 years, when yesterday I installed PS version 7, without removing the 6, but it did not function, at startup presents an alert "hardware or software error. this error is unrecoverable".
After I press OK, PS closes itself.

So I tried to uninstall the PS6 but nothing has changed, then I uninstalled PS7, rebooted and tried to reinstall it again, but the error remains.

Then, I removed PS7, evend deleting any Registry values regarding Photoshop. I tried to reinstall even the PS 6, but now it shows the same error.

HELP ME!!!

Thank you, Alessio

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CW
Colin_Walls
Feb 12, 2004
Sorry if this is obvious, but have you reset prefs [per FAQ]?
S
skizzot
Feb 12, 2004
Sorry, I don’t understand what!
CW
Colin_Walls
Feb 12, 2004
You can read all the details at the FAQ: Mathias Vejerslev "How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences" 2/11/03 12:04pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>

But, basically you need to hold down SHIFT-CTRL-ALT when you start PS and accept the dialog.

I am not promising that this will fix it, but it is the standard procedure if PS behaves badly.
NS
Nacho_Sanchez
Apr 6, 2004
Did you ever figure this problem out? I am having the same problem and reseting preferences doesn’t help.
S
skizzot
Apr 6, 2004
Mmm, I don’t know, that pc is used by another person now. I’ll ask in the next week!

Alessio.
C
Carl Wiles
Apr 6, 2004
every time i have ever had that problem it has been one of two things. my virtual memory or my video card crapped out on me. the latter only happened once 😐
wrote in message
Did you ever figure this problem out? I am having the same problem and
reseting preferences doesn’t help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections