M
Posted By
mr._duffy
Feb 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Getting an ‘unrecoverable error’ when I load photoshop. Been happening for a couple of days. I reinstalled but it didn’t clear up the problem. Anyone had this problem before?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 16, 2004
You don’t say what version of PS or Windows, but try trashing your prefs. Details in the FAQs.

Bob
M
mr._duffy
Feb 16, 2004
My apologies. Photoshop 7, and Windows XP.
M
mr._duffy
Feb 26, 2004
I deleted all my prefs and photoshop still gave the same error. Anyone have any ideas?
L
leppod
Feb 26, 2004
Photoshop would not load for me once, and I think I got the same error, turned out to be some fonts I’d downloaded causing the problem. I never could figure out specifically which font, but when removed (a bunch of them) Photoshop loaded as expected.

Leppod~

wrote in message
I deleted all my prefs and photoshop still gave the same error. Anyone
have any ideas?
M
mr._duffy
Mar 6, 2004
bump …
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Mar 6, 2004
Duffy,

You wrote that you deleted "all" your preferences. since it is just one file I get the idea you’re somehow on cross purpose with Bob.
Pardon me if I’m wrong.

Find the FAQ-topic about resetting your preferences and follow the instructions there.

In many cases people seemed to have deleted them, but on a closer look they only "seemed" to have done that.

Rob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections