RG
Posted By
Ron G
Jan 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve got 3.0 on two virtually idential computers. XP, 512meg ram, 1.4gig processors. On one of them 3.0 loads very quickly, on the other it really drags its tail, sometimes taking a couple of minutes. This happens whether I have other programs running or not, right after boot, or not. It doesn’t seem to be grabbing an inordinate amount of ram.

Should I simply uninstall and reinstall the program? Anything else I can do? I played around with ram settings in preferences, but it made no difference. I did add a bunch of plugins, but I also did that to the other computer. Hmmmmm.

Oh, one other thing. Is there any way to set it up so that the window with all the choices can be bypassed and the editor is loaded straight away?

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
RSD99
Jan 21, 2005
How many fonts and plugins do you have on each computer?

PhotoShop reads **all** of them during loading.

"Ron" wrote in message
I’ve got 3.0 on two virtually idential computers. XP, 512meg ram, 1.4gig processors. On one of them 3.0 loads very quickly, on the other it really drags its tail, sometimes taking a couple of minutes. This happens whether I have other programs running or not, right after boot, or not. It doesn’t seem to be grabbing an inordinate amount of ram.
Should I simply uninstall and reinstall the program? Anything else I can do? I played around with ram settings in preferences, but it made no difference. I did add a bunch of plugins, but I also did that to the other computer. Hmmmmm.

Oh, one other thing. Is there any way to set it up so that the window with all the choices can be bypassed and the editor is loaded straight
away?
Thanks.
C
Corey
Jan 21, 2005
That was my first thought too.

Peadge 🙂

"RSD99" wrote in message

"Ron" wrote in message

Oh, one other thing. Is there any way to set it up so that the window with all the choices can be bypassed and the editor is loaded straight
away?
Thanks.

RG
Ron G
Jan 22, 2005
Can’t say exactly, but they are identical on both computers. The problem seems to occur after the screen tells me everything has been loaded. Things just go into limbo for awhile.

Peadge wrote:

That was my first thought too.

Peadge 🙂

"RSD99" wrote in message

"Ron" wrote in message

away?

Thanks.

R
RSD99
Jan 22, 2005
Sounds more like the program **may** be hanging up sorting through some old ‘Temp’ files.

Check all of your ‘Temp’ subdirectories (both system *and* PhotoShop), and make sure that they are COMPLETELY empty. About the only thing that is in mine … on a routine basis … is ZoneAlarm’s temp file … but PhotoShop should not have a problem with that one (1) file!

"Ron" wrote in message
Can’t say exactly, but they are identical on both computers. The problem seems to occur after the screen tells me everything has been loaded. Things just go into limbo for awhile.

D
Dave
Jan 25, 2005
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:19:39 -0500, Ron wrote:

Oh, one other thing. Is there any way to set it up so that the window with all the choices can be bypassed and the editor is loaded straight away?
Thanks.

In the opening window, look in the lower left corner. There’s a drop down box there where you can change it to open the editor (or organizer) directly.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections