GH
Posted By
Grace_Hedemann
Sep 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I XP Pro with Photoshop7.0. With a Pantovision Spyder I calibrated on a laptop DELL LCD monitor a profile. I tried to load it into the Adobe Gamma …message reads The selected profile is not a legal RGB display profile. My understanding from the on-line search base is I should be able to do this. It will allow me to change the srgb profile but not give it a new name. I don’t want to lose the srbg profile…in fact when I realized I had saved an adjusted srgb profile and it substituted for the original profile. I reinstalled my Photoshop 6.0 and upgraded 7.0. I still don’t know if this reverted to the originally installed srgb profile. Has anyone else had these problems? What do I do to get the Adobe Gamma to accept my new profile? and how do I insure that my srgb profile is the originally installed profile?

Grace

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TM
Thomas_Madsen
Sep 1, 2004
Grace,

There’s no need to use Adobe Gamma when you have a third-party calibration package installed. I’m using a ColorVision Spyder too (the software is OptiCAL in my case).

OptiCAL puts a shortcut to ‘OptiCAL Startup’ in my Startup folder and it loads the profile made with OptiCAL into the LUT of the graphic card during startup of Windows.

See: <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/321608.html> and read the section ‘Adobe Gamma and Third-Party Monitor Calibration Utilities’.

Regards
Madsen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections