Posted By
Pat Traynor
Dec 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can I do this?

I have a 200 px wide image in the foreground. I’d like to give the effect that it has streaked into the foreground from a distant location in the upper-left. I picture something like a motion blur, but the blur would have a perspective angle to it. Can Photoshop do something like this?

I hope I’ve done an adequate job of describing what I need.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JK
JP Kabala
Dec 10, 2003
Try using radial blur and shifting the center of the blur. Do it on a duplicate layer, an blen the blurred layer over the unblurred one…. you may want to mask out some portions of the blur. "Pat Traynor" wrote in message
How can I do this?

I have a 200 px wide image in the foreground. I’d like to give the effect that it has streaked into the foreground from a distant location in the upper-left. I picture something like a motion blur, but the blur would have a perspective angle to it. Can Photoshop do something like this?

I hope I’ve done an adequate job of describing what I need.
J
jwm2
Dec 16, 2003
Pat,
Let me try to decipher what you want. This may work, it may not. make a new layer. apply motion blur from top to bottom. select all. edit/transform/distort, drag lower left corner to right (perhaps a third of the way across)
drag the upper right corner almost all the way to the left. name it zoom1. duplicate zoom1.
blur the duplicated layer. create a layer mask. select the gradient tool use the linear gradient
default the colors B&W. drag the curser through the middle from one end to the next (on your zoom
image) I don’t know if it would be lower right to upper left or upper left to lower right. just do it and
delete until the forground of the zoom is sharp and as it goes into the distance it also goes out of focus.
I don’t know if there is some kind of image that you want to show on this piece. If there is you may want to bring it back by itself for an upper layer and transform the same distortion. If it was part of zoom1 you could reduce the opacity of the upper layer by itself just a little. If I am way off base and you respond, I’ll check back again if you need additional help.
John M.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections